It is currently Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:51 pm


Blue Dwarf (ScopeSync 0.3-beta)

The latest ScopeSync news
  • Author
  • Message
Offline
User avatar

cwmod

  • Posts: 283
  • Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:16 pm

Re: Blue Dwarf (ScopeSync 0.3-beta)

PostSat Oct 18, 2014 11:10 pm

thanks for clarifying Will.
So, as a conclusion, for me this is so far the way best way to control BCM, esp. if you own a BCR or BCF unit.
You can edit all parameters and rename them easily by editing the configuration.
Layout was and is perfect.
In Vst, buttons are not yet working, the other stuff is working like a charm.
Parameter fb is not (yet) implemented. I first thought this wouldn't be important, but missed it lately (when I wanted to implement a multi-switch using buttons via an IF-construction: IF you send valX, valY has to be set to zero).

Just one question: what is the 'Scope Local set of 16 parameters' for?
And a wish: I wanted to load the SlidersDemo, but couldn't because I was not able to open a configuration, there was just the disk symbol. I think because the standard path wasn't found. There is just a message 'configuration path not found', and after opening the Control Panel, it's this:
Image
Offline
User avatar

w_ellis

  • Posts: 630
  • Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:38 pm

Re: Blue Dwarf (ScopeSync 0.3-beta)

PostSun Oct 19, 2014 7:36 am

cwmod wrote:In Vst, buttons are not yet working, the other stuff is working like a charm.

We definitely need to get to the bottom of this, as buttons are working perfectly for Simon and me. Is it just the Ableton automation lane stuff, or are you actually having problems even after using the other configuration methods I suggested?
cwmod wrote:Parameter fb is not (yet) implemented. I first thought this wouldn't be important, but missed it lately (when I wanted to implement a multi-switch using buttons via an IF-construction: IF you send valX, valY has to be set to zero).

I agree, it would be nice to get that in, but it's actually much more difficult than it appears, given the way the ScopeFX interface from S|C works. The snapshot send from the Scope side is a good compromise for now, but there are scenarios that would make it good to have the round trip available. However, the specific example you've given there is actually achievable already using the Radio Button functionality in ScopeSync. If you set your two buttons to have the same Radio Group, they'll work in the way you describe (unless I've misunderstood).
cwmod wrote:Just one question: what is the 'Scope Local set of 16 parameters' for?

If you look at the standard BCR or BCF configurations, you'll see that we're using the last 4 of them for Modular Shell interactions, including open/close of the Preset and Patch Windows. These parameters will mostly be for use for people integrating ScopeSync into custom SDK devices. They do implement immediate feedback, so this needs to be handled in the SDK module using things like Conditional Value and Diode modules. Get in touch with me or Simon on PM if you want to chat in more detail about using ScopeSync in your own custom devices.
cwmod wrote:And a wish: I wanted to load the SlidersDemo, but couldn't because I was not able to open a configuration, there was just the disk symbol. I think because the standard path wasn't found. There is just a message 'configuration path not found', and after opening the Control Panel

I'm pretty sure there's something a bit funky about your install, as that loader screen is definitely from an older version. Can you check that you only have the updated .dll files from the 0.3 release in all the relevant locations, including both your VST plugin directories (check for stray entries that could be confusing matters) and your Scope\App\DLL directorie(s)? Also check that your SS128A module is up-to-date. I'd recommend checking through the Installation.rtf to make 100% sure. We're planning to build a setup.exe soon, to help weed out some of the installation issues.
Offline
User avatar

sharc

Site Admin

  • Posts: 589
  • Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:02 pm

Re: Blue Dwarf (ScopeSync 0.3-beta)

PostSun Oct 19, 2014 4:45 pm

cwmod wrote:So, as a conclusion, for me this is so far the way best way to control BCM,


In our opinion at least yes :). This is by far the best way to control BC Modular. Like we've mentioned before though, ScopeSync isn't only for BC Modular. An SDK module will be released which will allow any SDK built Scope device to fully utilize the ScopeSync feature set.

At this stage of ScopeSync development however, it probably makes sense to use BC Modular as a controlled testing environment. Several of the feature updates over the past couple of releases would have rendered configurations and or layouts unusable without some XML code alterations. This way we can update the BC SS128A module as and when required while the negative impact of any changes to the ScopeSync.dll on both users and developers will be kept to a minimum.

cwmod wrote:esp. if you own a BCR or BCF unit


You may have noticed that the B-Control configurations currently reside in a 'MIDI Controllers' folder. A variety of MIDI controller specific layouts are being developed and we're always keen to hear requests for these so that we know which controllers should be supported as a priority.

We've also got some generic template layouts in the works which will be really useful for quick and easy construction of ScopeSync user interfaces.

A number of custom layouts and configurations will also be released which are more targeted to the type of interface which logically makes sense to the user in terms of the modular patch they're built for.

Do you need a BCF or BCR to make best use of ScopeSync? Definitely not :)
Offline
User avatar

cwmod

  • Posts: 283
  • Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:16 pm

Re: Blue Dwarf (ScopeSync 0.3-beta)

PostSun Oct 19, 2014 8:33 pm

w_ellis wrote:Is it just the Ableton automation lane stuff, or are you actually having problems even after using the other configuration methods I suggested?

:idea: Maybe I forgot to press the 'Re-Enable-Automation' button in ableton , so I thought it's not working . Actually the buttons do work ; they just can't be 'auto-selected' (like the encoders) in Ableton.
And, maybe more annoying, they cannot be controlled by a hardware BCR unit. (unlike the encoders).
In Ableton, when trying to assign a button in MIDI Map Mode, it simply does not show up.

w_ellis wrote:I'm pretty sure there's something a bit funky about your install, as that loader screen is definitely from an older version.

I see; I was on my internet partition, where some stuff probably is not up-to-date, sorry.

w_ellis wrote:Do you need a BCF or BCR to make best use of ScopeSync? Definitely not

that's right Simon but, as I have a BCR, and Scope, and Ableton, I'm more than happy that you both are developing ScopeSync with exact that same hard- and software :D
and the good old BCR has advantages that other much more expensive stuff has not, so it had been quite a good choice to take it as a 'starting point' hardware unit in my very humble opinion :P .
Offline
User avatar

w_ellis

  • Posts: 630
  • Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:38 pm

Re: Blue Dwarf (ScopeSync 0.3-beta)

PostSun Oct 19, 2014 8:50 pm

I just fixed https://github.com/bcmodular/scopesync/issues/51, so it will be included in the Black Dwarf release, which is getting closer! I also just finished adding colour overrides for Sliders and will be doing similar for Labels and Buttons.
Offline
User avatar

sharc

Site Admin

  • Posts: 589
  • Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:02 pm

Re: Blue Dwarf (ScopeSync 0.3-beta)

PostSun Oct 19, 2014 9:10 pm

cwmod wrote:that's right Simon but, as I have a BCR, and Scope, and Ableton, I'm more than happy that you both are developing ScopeSync with exact that same hard- and software :D
and the good old BCR has advantages that other much more expensive stuff has not, so it had been quite a good choice to take it as a 'starting point' hardware unit in my very humble opinion :P .


Yes, the B-Control units are possibly the most commonly used MIDI controllers amongst the Scope user base, so like you say they do make sense as a starting point for the MIDI controller layouts in ScopeSync. I'd initially planned on the Mackie Control Universal and Novation Remote Zero controllers being next on the list, but since I'm not actually sure that they would currently be of use to anyone I've held off on those for now.

What I can confirm on this front is that the Edirol PCR-300-500-800 controllers and the KMI QuNexus - albeit they're both (especially the QuNexus) more performance orientated controllers as opposed to programmers - are both being added at the moment purely because both have been requested.

It will probably take some time to build up the collection of MIDI controller layouts, but like I said if anyone has a controller they'd like to have a layout added for then just let us know.
Offline
User avatar

sharc

Site Admin

  • Posts: 589
  • Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:02 pm

Re: Blue Dwarf (ScopeSync 0.3-beta)

PostSun Oct 19, 2014 9:29 pm

...Of course, everyone's also welcome to add their own layouts - either send them to myself or Will via PM or post them in the configurations forum :)
Offline

dawman

  • Posts: 93
  • Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:12 pm

Re: Blue Dwarf (ScopeSync 0.3-beta)

PostTue Oct 21, 2014 5:08 pm

Yes the addition of a few extra posts makes me feverish, and thanks so much Sharc for the QuNexus stuff, I anxiously await.
Previous

Return to Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron