It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:46 am

Arpeccio

Where to share your BC Modular creations
  • Author

cwmod

Arpeccio

PostSat Dec 13, 2014 12:25 am

Patchtime!
This time it's a bit more complex patch (just a bit).
It's not an arpeggiator, but you can use pitch and gate sequencers.
The patch has two identical halfs, left and right. Keyrange is divided by a keysplit module (top, mid).
Both sides have own
-Seq modules for pitch and gate
-MultiOscs
-MultiFilters and Distort
-Amp ADSR and Mod AD envelopes
Pitch and Gate sequencers are optional. Polyphone playing is supplied. Two VU meters provide volume control to avoid clipping (connected after PolyMix).
In the mid section a MultiLfo (general mod source for both sides), the 422 Mixer and two insert fx modules are located.
In the VST, the two halves/parts are represented by the colors turquois and green.
MultiLfo is available for both sides, so I chose blue as background color; the controls on grey background are for sequencer modules parameters.

Patch download: here. Gfx, Layout and Config files must be copied into the ScopeSync folder (Scope device as always).

ScopeSync is great.
:P

dawman

Re: Arpeccio

PostSun Dec 14, 2014 1:30 pm

ANkyu RoyT.

cwmod

PostSun Dec 14, 2014 11:56 pm

Hi JAV!
ScopeSync is really inviting to use parameter automation, as I did in the two demo tracks.
One thing I noticed though is that - when automating many parameters -Scope's gui is becoming very slooow.
Maybe it's because bcm modules, when remote controlled, are challenging the graphic card?
In the demo tracks, Ableton has about 15-20 automation lanes and is working nicely, cpu meter is about 2-3%.
But in Scope, windows are quite sluggish to move; when turning on the ramp indicator of NGCseqControl module, it jumps quite randomly.
Don't know if this behaviour can be improved somehow.

sharc

Site Admin

PostMon Dec 15, 2014 8:47 pm

Another brilliant patch Roy and yet again the demos are excellent. I'd like to add those to the BC soundcloud playlist if you don't mind 8-)

cwmod wrote:One thing I noticed though is that - when automating many parameters -Scope's gui is becoming very slooow.
Maybe it's because bcm modules, when remote controlled, are challenging the graphic card?

I think this is likely being caused by the number of pipes in use. BC pipe connections are array <-> array or array <-> Int connections which are script based just like Scope graphic objects. These connections tend to perform OK when used in moderation, but when used extensively (as is the case here) users might notice the symptoms you describe.

A .dll or .sys based replacement for the pipe connection format could potentially resolve this issue. Likewise the planned OSC implementation for ScopeSync could provide a better alternative. In the meantime, it's going to be a bit of a balancing act ...not to mention user education on my part to ensure this issue isn't too much of a showstopper.

cwmod

PostMon Dec 15, 2014 9:06 pm

sharc wrote: I'd like to add those to the BC soundcloud playlist if you don't mind

you're welcome :P
sharc wrote:when used extensively (as is the case here) users might notice the symptoms you describe

yeah, I think I exaggerated it a bit
But ScopeSync is always tempting me to automate stuff, now it's so easy to perform. :P

jhulk

PostWed Dec 17, 2014 5:14 pm

this sounds great roy

now our production company is set up and we have a few tracks being released to the mainstream shortly

im into listening and doing stuff across the pond the second track is really great the modulations are spot on this i can use

been away at www.vibeystudios.com doing some work and will be going back to do more

james sangers client list is massive and i have him hooked on bcmodular that he wants me to build him a system for new music projects

in the next year i will be able to do recording works with any one who wants to do a artist developement contract with us and james sanger

vocals and synth work

hope to here new bc stuff and hope i can get massive exposure for bcmodular

thanks shark wills and great stuff roy

Return to BC Modular Patches