It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:01 pm

DrumSy

Where to share your BC Modular creations
  • Author

cwmod

DrumSy

PostSun Nov 30, 2014 1:29 am

Ok, final ScopeSyn version is not out yet. In the meantime a new teaser: a drumsynth, with BD, SD, HHop, HHcl, accessible on C3, D3, E3, F3.

download new version here
download includes:
-Scope patch with subpatches (Bd, Sd, HH)
-ScopeSync with config and layout files and additional back.png (thanks Simon!)

SC demo: https://soundcloud.com/cwmod/drumsy

w_ellis

Re: DrumSy

PostSun Nov 30, 2014 7:37 am

Hi Roy,

As ever, looking and sounding great!

I started work on a modular drum synth ages ago, using CLMs (or Patch Loaders). I think now we have ScopeSync, it should be quite possible to build one that has a static master interface but where the drum components could be switched in and out. See here for where I got to with it: http://forum.bcmodular.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9. Could even build interfaces per component with a master controller.

Cheers,
Will

cwmod

PostSun Nov 30, 2014 9:05 am

Thanks Will,
that sounds perfect, as it will have several advantages (given the possibility that the CLMs could be saved/reloaded and have preset ability also on VST side):
- patch looking less cluttered
- having presets for each drum insrument
I'll have to refine the patch anyway, because I had forgtooten Simon's SR compensation modules.
Thanks for the link, I totally missed that. :oops:
I'm gonna have a try asap.

w_ellis

PostSun Nov 30, 2014 10:56 pm

I was having a bit more of a think about this and the ideal would be to have individual ScopeSync instances per drum module. However, it would be a bit of a faff at the moment, with needing a stereo pair per ScopeSync instance.

I think this idea might be best attempted after a few of the upcoming changes:
- OSC support, so audio doesn't need patching in everywhere
- Value presets managed by ScopeSync, to allow storage of more than the 128 parameter limit
- Cut down ScopeSync modules, to avoid excessive DSP usage

cwmod

PostSun Nov 30, 2014 11:34 pm

Yeah, the patch loader modules look quite good, I'll definitely use them in an DrumSy update.
What puzzles me is if/how we can get a preset functionality for the various sounds in VST.

sharc

Site Admin

PostMon Dec 01, 2014 1:07 am

This sounds great Roy 8-)

cwmod wrote:What puzzles me is if/how we can get a preset functionality for the various sounds in VST.

At the moment the only way I can think of being able have individual presets per drum voice in the DAW would be to set it up like Will suggests with a separate instance of ScopeSync per drum voice.

It's an interesting point though Roy and possibly something worth us considering for the Device Preset Manager. Maybe we could have preset sub groups which can be configured beyond the global device preset layer where sets of parameters could be assigned to each group.

cwmod

PostWed Dec 03, 2014 9:50 pm

I updated the patch.
It's now with SR compensation and CLM loader modules.
I noted that the overall sound was totally bassy (headphone mix :x ), so I included an hp filter and a comp at the end.
I also kicked off the distortion on aux1 and instead used another insert (stereo delay).
The SC demo is made with Ableton, repeating one pattern and modifying some patch parameters with ScopeSync.
Downloads see first post :)

Return to BC Modular Patches