It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:51 am

Loop delays

Where to share your BC Modular creations
  • Author

cwmod

Loop delays

PostThu Jun 05, 2014 10:41 pm

Hi!
Another ScopeSync device: the SS Modular version of my Fooxer device.

It's a one trick pony device, the trick being able to mix two Ableton tracks together, with the option to use loop delays (4 per channel), and crossfading them in three frequency ranges.
For more information about Fooxer, see here.

Download M4L and Scope BCM patch here.
Download modules here.

Happy mixing!

dawman

Re: Loop delays

PostFri Jun 06, 2014 12:50 am

This is another great gift.
Ankyu Cornelius........ 8-)

cwmod

PostFri Jun 06, 2014 6:04 am

Glad that you like it.
I hope you make good use of it Caesar! :)

JoPo

PostFri Jun 06, 2014 2:17 pm

If I understand well, M4L things are for Ableton Live (I don't use it) and allow to midi control Loop Delay with 14bit midi data, right ? (Or am I again completly missing the point ?)

w_ellis

PostFri Jun 06, 2014 8:41 pm

Somewhat correct ;)

You can find full details here: http://bcmodular.wikispaces.com/ScopeSync, but in summary, it allows parameters in Modular to be controlled from Ableton Live at full resolution (31bit for unipolar parameters). That means you can do things like draw automation curves for Modular parameters, or record parameter changes made by an external MIDI controller that is mapped in Ableton. You can also use Ableton's preset functionality, instead of using Scope's.

sharc

Site Admin

PostFri Jun 06, 2014 8:50 pm

Very impressive yet again Roy 8-)

w_ellis

PostFri Jun 06, 2014 8:55 pm

sharc wrote:Very impressive yet again Roy 8-)

Oh yeah, and that too ;) It looks really cool! Do you have any audio demos in the works for this?

JoPo

PostFri Jun 06, 2014 9:17 pm

Ah ! Yes ! 31bit resolution ! Sorry !

I already read the Scopesync article ; and if I understand well, you use audio data to modulate parameters. Right ?
Audio data is very accurate and if one can draw controlers, it's much better ! The problem with 14bit midi data is for drawing them... Anyway, I'm Cubase user and I'm sure one day it'll be easy to do the same that with Ableton. As I already said to Shark, I don't understand enough to use it now. Maybe someone will make some tutorial for Cubase user... :mrgreen:
I'm not in a hurry.

Just a question :
If you use audio data for controling things, do you need 1 asio canal for 1 control ? Or can you use several controler in just 1 asio canal ?

Thanks !

w_ellis

PostFri Jun 06, 2014 9:30 pm

We've been making good progress with the VST version, although these things always take longer than you hope! Have you tried out the initial prototype?

ScopeSync uses a stereo pair of channels to control up to 128 parameters at once. Normally if you use audio for control, e.g. with SilentWay, you need 1 audio channel per control.

JoPo

PostFri Jun 06, 2014 9:46 pm

No, I didn't try. Let's say I'm lazy and I prefer to wait for being sure it works without to much difficulties. I'm not sound / computer inginner and I don't have much free time. My holidays are finished and I use my free time for making music. But when you'll have a good system, I'll try & use it. I thank you in advance !

128 controler via 1 stereo channel ! Excellent ! I don't know how it is possible but bravo ! And the fact that it is possible to edit controler data in a sequencer is the big reason for me to use it. What you are building is really brilliant ... I'm impatient !

Return to BC Modular Patches