It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:45 pm

Polymoog Resonator

Where to share your BC Modular creations
  • Author

sharc

Site Admin

Polymoog Resonator

PostSun Feb 16, 2014 7:13 pm

Here's a patch I was sent a while back by jhulk. It's based on the Resonator section of a Polymoog...

Polymoog Resonator.zip
(1.7 MiB) Downloaded 507 times

sharc

Site Admin

Re: Polymoog Resonator

PostSun Feb 16, 2014 7:37 pm

As you can see, the patch has been created inside a CLM module and because it's a filter circuit jhulk has locked it to 1DSP so as to keep latencies in check.

While the CLM can be saved as a new module it is unfortunately rather bulky and this circuit weighs in at approximately 1.7MB in comparison to other much leaner BC Modular modules. Also, because the whole circuit has been locked to 1DSP it can only handle 4voices if you were to use it polyphonically.

However, since this patch was built entirely using BC Modular modules it wasn't too difficult for me to recreate as an optimized BC Modular module complete with popup control panel...

This module weighs in at 53KB and can handle 14 voices of polyphony :)

Polymoog Resonator_JML.zip
(51.17 KiB) Downloaded 448 times

fra77x

PostSun Feb 16, 2014 11:07 pm

Good job.

I just want to point out that creating a modular with "sdk" capabilities in my view defeats the purpose of the modular which is user friendlyness and performance. A developer who wants (i'm answering jhulk post at planetz here) to "develop" can take his work seriously and invest at a "sdk entry" hardware. He will benefit himself absolutely.

I don't want to say anything negative, its a great and big work, respect, but that's my opinion. It's better to orrient to more performance like features than to sdk feautures. SDK is there for all. Modular design and synthesis is a different philosophy.

jksuperstar

PostWed Feb 19, 2014 7:42 pm

Simon, you guys are quickly competing with all of my analog modules! This is actually fun...since I have direct comparisons, and use cases, for scope vs. analog :)

(the module I have in question is a DIY triple resonator, based on the Korg PS3100.)

sharc

Site Admin

PostWed Feb 19, 2014 7:51 pm

I've always liked the look of the MAM RS3 and heard nothing but good things about it.

jhulk sent me a PS3100 patch a while back so that one is definitely on its way :)

jhulk

PostWed Feb 19, 2014 8:31 pm

im also doing the moog modular 914 module but the volumes will be vc controlled

there are 12 resonators 12db and a lowpass and hipass 24db

i copied yusynths design as he added the all odd and even outputs

which can make very different sounds

Return to BC Modular Patches