It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:03 am

French connection controller

What hardware and software do you use to control or be controlled by BC Modular?
  • Author

Pygmy Audio Farms

French connection controller

PostWed Aug 06, 2014 9:12 am

I was looking for an accurate controller for scope and came across this, Analogue Systems French Connection Controller.
While its not as versatile as I was looking for it does seem a great bit of kit for the studio and I was wondering if bcmodular was able to fully realise the potential of this controller.

http://www.analoguesystems.co.uk/Review ... review.htm

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_1.jpg
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_1.jpg (102.55 KiB) Viewed 4393 times

sharc

Site Admin

Re: French connection controller

PostFri Aug 08, 2014 9:18 pm

CV and Gate inputs are definitely something I'm interested in experimenting with. I've got an MC-202 here which I'd love to use for sequencing BC patches.

I posted a little bit about some HID options here in the Integration forum a while back which might prove to be relevant - http://www.bcmodular.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=164

The main potential hurdles I can see for this type of performance controller (or indeed analogue sequencers) are latency and resolution.

There are of course some purpose-built options for CV input to the DAW already available like the ES2-2 from Expert Sleepers, but these IMO are quite expensive especially if you don't already own a eurorack modular.

You could also use a CV to MIDI convertor but other than converting to 14-bit pitch bend or CCs I can't think how MIDI would offer sufficient resolution to take full advantage of an analogue controller like this one.

dawman

Re: French connection controller

PostMon Aug 11, 2014 8:40 am

You could check out the CV offerings of QuNexus...?

Return to Integration