All Pass Reverberator Module

Got a great idea but maybe don't have the time or ability to realize it yourself? Don't let it go to waste.
Viva

All Pass Reverberator Module

Post by Viva » Tue May 28, 2013 2:33 am

I seek the mighty Sharc for tuteledge.
I know the Lexicon used dozens of AP FIlters to create their algo's on the 224, PCM70 480/960L but I am not sure how this module would help me.
Do I need an already existing Reverb or Delay effect...?
If you could post a small example and explanation I would be much oblidged.

Ankyu

sharc
Site Admin

Re: All Pass Reverberator Module

Post by sharc » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:00 am

Sorry for the delay in responding Jimmy. I've been out of action for the past few days only to return and find the forum drenched in spam.

The AP reverb is low level. I decided to make it this way so that you can choose exactly what you want to put in the feedback path. This way it's lighter and more versatile.

I don't have Scope running right now to post an example, but at it's most basic level you can use delay and feedback modules in combination with this module to produce reverbs. I'll try to elaborate on that asap.

Viva

Post by Viva » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:10 pm

Take your time, I saw all of the dribble, as if anyone would dare buy something from such desperate fools. :twisted:

sharc
Site Admin

Post by sharc » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:32 am

I've been shocked by the amount of sp@mbots on here considering it's a privately hosted forum with so few members and posts. Usually I catch them quick enough, but it's still a bit of a PITA

I've altered the registration procedure to require activation by admin. I'll see if I can find a better long term solution, but for now at least if it works I'd prefer to spend the time welcoming forum members personally than devote as much time to clearing out spamming posts and users.

Viva

Post by Viva » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:38 pm

Ask Joel if you need extra tips as he is an IT guy and seemed to go through the same time consuming crap, but it worked really well.
I'd love to be able to spam them, but have no time for such Quacktivity..... :x

jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:10 pm

Back to this module, is it basically an All-Pass Filter?

I have an old back-burner project for scope to make a decent Spring Reverb, which requires a few all-pass filters to make. Maybe I'll get around to it sooner than later...

sharc
Site Admin

Post by sharc » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:45 pm

jksuperstar wrote:Back to this module, is it basically an All-Pass Filter?
I know for a fact there are a couple of other forum members who are better qualified to discuss IIR filters and reverb algos than me. No, I'm not being modest. I'm new to the subject and some of those equations scare the shit out of me :lol:

According to my [limited] knowledge on this I suppose the answer would be yes, it is an allpass filter. It needs to have at least a feedback module inserted between it's insert points though - Preferably delay or comb filter modules also if you want to use it for reverb ;)

You can get similar response to this module from summing a +ve gain lowpass and -ve gain highpass. There's probably not a huge difference in DSP usage and it'll give you a sync control (frequency input) to play with if that interests you.

I do have another approach in mind for an all-pass filter module. I'll let you know if it works.