BCM Shell With 32 I/O

Got a great idea but maybe don't have the time or ability to realize it yourself? Don't let it go to waste.
Viva

BCM Shell With 32 I/O

Post by Viva » Wed May 01, 2013 4:15 am

I have started making the ultimate SW Suite patch. I have several patches of 8 x 8 but they use little DSP.
So I will build this tomorrow as I am late.
It has the authentic Rhodes Panner, not that back and forth weak stuff, it has Solaris with extra filters, a Voice Controlled triggering Zaps and incredibly snappy synth sweeps with precision control, then several automations and due to the new MIDI Filters and other great modules I can have a multi channel/multi funtion patch.
I sure hope somebody with an XITE-1 makes the ASIO Modules work inside this shell, it would an amazing package, but even just with 32 x audio, I am set with SWS now for all of needs.
I'll post it soon.

Great Stuff

sharc
Site Admin

Re: BCM Shell With 32 I/O

Post by sharc » Wed May 01, 2013 8:57 am

The 322416 shell can have 48 audio inputs if you use the sync connectors as well ;)

I'd like to find out more about this issue you mention with the ASIO modules on XITE. I've asked a couple of questions on the other thread where you were pointing it out.

I'd also like to know if anyone else is having the same problem and hopefully discover if this is related to a revision of the ASIO modules for XITE or if it's a 64-bit OS problem?

If you're not having similar issues with the equivalent routing window ASIO modules then I'd be leaning towards the former. All the same I'd like to have some confirmation from other XITE users if possible before I go pestering someone to rebuild the modules :D

Sounds like an interesting idea of a patch you're working on there Jimmy. I look forward to hopefully being able to check it out.

Viva

Post by Viva » Wed May 01, 2013 1:47 pm

Yeah,'
Somebody with an XITE-1/WIndows 7 Pro check out the ASIO 2 modules please.
Also I was unaware that the Sync I/O's could carry audio rate modulation signals, which means the smaller BC322416 would probably be enough.
I'll post the patch tonight.

Imagine is the ASIO 2 modules would work in XITE-1 W7/64 Pro, my entire ASIO and SWS 2.2 needs would all be contained in a single shell.

Excellent.

But even without that I will still be saving tons of room using the Sync I/Os as I was unaware they carry the isgnals.

Ankyu

w_ellis

Post by w_ellis » Wed May 01, 2013 6:37 pm

Hi Jimmy,

I just tested the ASIO 2 modules and have the same problem as you:

The ASIO 1 modules seem to be fine though, so if you need 80 I/Os, you could use one of those ;)

Cheers,
Will

Viva

Post by Viva » Wed May 01, 2013 9:35 pm

Yeah shit, ASIO 1 and Reaper @ 48k don't seem to get along.
But I did make a great patch for controlling just about everything I need atm.
I can go from the Leslie B3 sound of Classic Rockers, to the Dirty Metal no Rotor sound of
Jon Lord and ELP.
I can aslo go from clean Rhodes, to the real satellite sound Panning instead of that weak
auto pan L/R stuff.
Then I add Filters which Solaris lacks, which isn't many, then have 8 x LFO to MIDI Outs
driven by audio rate modulation. The way I can modulate CFM and Pan, etc. is really a cut
above what we use. It actually hangs tuff with Solaris precision which is processed @ 96k.
The Envelopes of SWS are so damn snappy on BPFs it's sickening, better than Analog.

Cheers.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar » Fri May 03, 2013 4:33 pm

I think Sonic|Core recommends placing all software I/O on DSP 2 when using the XITE.

Maybe this is an issue that the ASIO module is being placed on the same DSP as the Modular by default? In which case, for now it may be better to not have the ASIO inside the modular, unless the module can be built to be assigned to a specific DSP for XITE?

I won't be able to do this until mid next week: Try adding a modular shell, assigning it to DSP2, then add the ASIO module, and see if an error pops up.

tgstgs may have a clue about this.

w_ellis

Post by w_ellis » Thu May 09, 2013 8:49 pm

Tried assigning DSP for the Modular Shell to a variety of different DSPs and it definitely seems to be an issue with running the ASIO2 modules on the 21369 DSPs (HitFoundry). If the Shell is assigned to DSPs 1-6, i.e. the 21065L ones, then the ASIO2 modules load fine.

For reference I did try assigning an ASIO2-32 device in the routing window to one of the 21369 DSPs and there was no issue.

jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar » Thu May 09, 2013 9:19 pm

Thanks for checking this! I think when you build a device or module, you can force a module to be assigned to a specific DSP in XITE (or relative DSPs, etc). I'm reading up on that now. I'll work with Sharc on that, once I understand it.