It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:17 am

Sample and hold

This is the place to chat if you need any help using BC Modular
  • Author

francisharmany

Sample and hold

PostFri Feb 05, 2016 4:37 pm

How does this work ?

I am looking for a way to delay a value change. So I want to continue sending out the previous value untill I send a trigger..... Can't figure it out :geek:

The scenario is this:
I have a Flexor Hyper Gate sequencer. I want to delay pattern switch messages untill right at the end/or beginning of pattern. Or perhaps on each 4th beat. Just need to store the previous value somehow ?

sharc

Site Admin

Re: Sample and hold

PostFri Feb 05, 2016 6:56 pm

If it's really timing sensitive then a sample and hold might be the best option. Alternatives which don't use dsp would be a value sender / conditional send.

Unfortunately I can't test this as I don't have Flexor.

francisharmany

PostSat Feb 06, 2016 2:23 am

But how does the sample and hold module work ? cant find any documentation and my tests show no results...

sharc

Site Admin

PostSat Feb 06, 2016 12:30 pm

When it receives a trigger, the input signal is sampled and held at the output until the next trigger. The trigger signal can be defined by the level, high edge and low edge control inputs. These inputs do however currently need to be fed values in order for the module to work.

Something you could try with a sequencer which is fed by a ramp is to feed the ramp through a comparator. This will create a pulse wave whose width can be varied via the comparator threshold and could be used as a trigger for the S&H. This should give you much more precision in timing than an async trigger source.

Return to Support