It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:00 am

ADSR EG

This is the place to chat if you need any help using BC Modular
  • Author

JoPo

ADSR EG

PostSun Jan 10, 2016 6:26 pm

Hi !

I've noticed that the brilliant ADSR EG, the one with exp or log curves on AD & R has a strange behavior...
In fact, the envelope goes until to reach its maximum value (even if sustain is at 0) even if I release the midi note. Let's put 3000ms on the attac, when I hit a very short midi note, I see the EG output value continuing to increase until it reaches the max value but I already released the midi note...

Maybe I Forgot to connect some EG input ? But I don't see which one. And I don't have that behavior with any other EG, such as BCmodular ADSR vintage, connected exactly as the ADSR EG.

Thank you ! :)

sharc

Site Admin

Re: ADSR EG

PostSun Jan 10, 2016 6:49 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I'll take a look and see if it can be easily fixed.

I've never been too happy with this EG tbh. it's not snappy enough and the output's very rough compared to the other EGs ...it's certainly not well suited to pitch mod duties.

I might see if I can come up with an alternative ;)

JoPo

Re: ADSR EG

PostTue Jan 12, 2016 5:02 pm

Great news !
That EG is essential to me : I really love the exp or log curves on AD & R ! I'm always using that one for converting in midi data, to modulate some vst's or Scope devices with side chain input to modulate some parameter..
But yes, for using it as audio amp, I find it a bit strange on the release, like if at the end of the release, the signal cuts very quickly instead of having a long fade...

Thanks a lot ! :)

Return to Support