It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:58 pm

ScopeSync panel

This is the place to chat if you need any help using BC Modular
  • Author

JoPo

ScopeSync panel

PostSat Nov 21, 2015 6:39 pm

I've got some issues with the ScopeSync control panel : some times, it doesn't open ! It's nowhere !
And sometimes, when I double clic on the modular to open it, it's the control panel that opens and I can't open anything else : impossible to modifie the modular patch !

I there some workaround or tips for those issues ?

Thanks !

w_ellis

Re: ScopeSync panel

PostSat Nov 21, 2015 9:55 pm

Hi JoPo,

Please could you provide a bit more info to help us investigate:
- Which ScopeSync version and Scope module are you using?
- Which O/S are you on?
- Which version of Scope are you using?
- Which modular shell are you using?

This problem might relate to the known issue with the latest public release of ScopeSync (https://github.com/bcmodular/scopesync/issues/56), which I think is fixed in 0.5.0

Thanks,
Will

JoPo

PostSun Nov 22, 2015 3:41 am

Sure !

I'm using that one (I believe it's the latest....) :
ScopeSync.jpg
ScopeSync.jpg (14.81 KiB) Viewed 9943 times

The OS is W7 64bit.
Scope is 5.1 (latest)
I made several test with all BCmodular 0.98b shells and they all made the issue. In fact, the first time I open the modular window after loading Scope project, everything is fine, the issue start when I close the modular window and want to open it again. Anyway, thanks for the tip on the github link, it works perfectly ! :)

I'm waiting for the next ScopeSync update ! I'm impatient, mainly because of the ScopeSync vst instrument ! :mrgreen:

Thanks a lot !

sharc

Site Admin

PostSun Nov 22, 2015 3:03 pm

What's the status of the CP<->Host connection between the SS128A module and the Control Panel module of the shell?

Is this a direct connection between the two or do you have something else connected there?

Is the option for 'Is default panel' on the popup of the SS128A checked?

When you get the panel opening instead of the shell, do you see a button towards the top-right of the panel for opening the patch window?

JoPo

PostMon Nov 23, 2015 6:14 pm

sharc wrote:What's the status of the CP<->Host connection between the SS128A module and the Control Panel module of the shell?

Euh... :o Have a look !
SS128a.jpg
SS128a.jpg (266.73 KiB) Viewed 9926 times

That's a simple patch to control sending sound precisely to an fx. I need much more precision in timing than midi for what I want to do.

sharc wrote:Is this a direct connection between the two or do you have something else connected there?

!! :lol: !! You must be joking, Shark ! What am I going to connect there !? I have a vague idea of what kind of data are carried by that connexion and no idea at all of what kind of module I could put there !

sharc wrote:Is the option for 'Is default panel' on the popup of the SS128A checked?

Yes it is.

sharc wrote:When you get the panel opening instead of the shell, do you see a button towards the top-right of the panel for opening the patch window?

I decided to let the modular patch window opened, so I can't answer to that question right now... But next time, I'll be careful.

sharc

Site Admin

PostMon Nov 23, 2015 7:22 pm

OK, so with the CP<->Host connected as it is in your patch you can see the 'Open Modular Patch Window' button at top-right of the SCOPESYNC panel. This opens and closes the patch window.

You can also see the 'Open Control Panel' button at the top-right of the patch window. This opens and closes the SCOPESYNC panel.

The patch window is normally the default panel for opening from the Scope routing window or livebar. However, when 'Is default panel' is checked on the SS128A popup this sets the SCOPESYNC panel as the default panel. You should still be able to open the patch from the 'Open Modular Patch Window' button in this situation though.

JoPo

PostMon Nov 23, 2015 7:40 pm

Yep ! Excellent ! Thanks, Shark... So I think there is no more issue. I can open any ScopeSync/modular window when I want. But 'Is default panel' option cheked or not... And frankly, I don't mind !

sharc

Site Admin

PostMon Nov 23, 2015 8:12 pm

JoPo wrote:But 'Is default panel' option cheked or not.

Poor choice of word ...I should have said 'selected' instead :)

Return to Support