• Author

JoPo

Min>Max

PostSat Oct 17, 2015 3:02 pm

Hi !

I often get the message when loading a Scope project with BCmodular modules :
min-max.jpg
min-max.jpg (5.78 KiB) Viewed 8927 times

after pressing ESC a lot of time, it goes away and the modular patch works like a charm but it's boring. I checked my modular patches and didn't found any min > than any max... If the message would say exactly where is the issue, in which modular patch and which module, that would help ! :?

Or maybe, there is something easy to do ?

Thanks...

I wanted to say that if I don't come often on BC forum, it's because I'm getting better with Scope Modular and all the advices I had here before paid !

sharc

Site Admin

Re: Min>Max

PostSat Oct 17, 2015 5:34 pm

JoPo wrote:If the message would say exactly where is the issue, in which modular patch and which module, that would help ! :? !

Unfortunately this error message, like some other Scope alerts, isn't as specific as we'd all like it to be.

There are a number of things that could be causing it ...really depends what you're using and how you're using it.

If you want to post one or two patches which have this problem maybe I can help :)

JoPo

PostSat Oct 17, 2015 6:49 pm

Well. It's very nice, Shark.. But I'm using 3 patches and I don't even know which one has the issue. I tried to load them one by one in the project window, just as they have been saved but the Min>Max message won't appear ! :roll: Usually, when I drag & drop the patch in Scope window, I get the message (if the patch does it...) but not that time !
So, I really don't know which one amongst the 3 patches.

This doesn't disturb me enough to ask you to analyse each patches.... Thanks a lot, Shark !

Anyway, that message means somewhere a min parameter value is bigger than the same max parameter value, right ? So it can be in a fader or a control ranger... Euh ... Still right ? :|
I'm going to analyse.... :?

sharc

Site Admin

PostSun Oct 18, 2015 11:55 am

JoPo wrote:that message means somewhere a min parameter value is bigger than the same max parameter value, right ?

Usually, yes.

JoPo wrote:So it can be in a fader or a control ranger... Euh ... Still right ? :|

These would be the most likely culprits.

A couple of things to look out for....

Check for any range settings where Max is below the default Min. For example a module which loads with default Min=O and both Min and Max have been set to -ve values. In this case, even though Min < Max, during patch (or especially project) load the parameter values could be loading in such a way that Max is set before Min and gives the error.

Also check for any possible control feedback to Min & Max settings or obstruction (ie diode) to control feedback which could be screwing with presets.

JoPo

PostSun Oct 18, 2015 1:26 pm

Thanks for the tips, Shark ! :)

To day, when I reload the Scope project, I didn't have any message ! :?:
I changed only 2 things : I deleted and reloaded in the project the patch I suspected most before to save it, yesterday. And I loaded first the PCI cards and they are master on ADAT (but I really thing it has nothing to do with modular issue).

Anyway, the message is gone, so, no the world is wonderful, everything is beautyful, the justice reigns in this world. 8-)

After 1 mn --> :shock: Oh ! But the message appeared after loading cubase !

And if I change the sample rate (in the pci's : they are master), the message comes back... The 3 modular patches are in serial at the pro-wave output. :mrgreen: Yes, yes ! I know ! The pro-wave sound is really tweaked... I mainly use modular as fx processor.

sharc

Site Admin

PostSun Oct 18, 2015 1:35 pm

Are you using any SR Compensation modules?

JoPo

PostSun Oct 18, 2015 6:07 pm

SR compensation module ? :oops: Mmmm... I've read about this, for sure, but right now, I get what is compensation, even module but for 'SR', it sounds like it related to latency or .. AH YES !! This time I KNOW !! Sample Rate ! :idea:

Well, after checking all modules, I don't find any or maybe the BC "256k delay" module ? I put a screen of my very special ping-pong delay (the patch I suspect) :
ping.jpg
ping.jpg (146.98 KiB) Viewed 8902 times

Thanks a lot ! It's always a pleasure to learn things.

sharc

Site Admin

PostSat Oct 24, 2015 1:26 pm

It's difficult to tell from the screenshot what could be causing the error. I think we can rule out SR compensation though as I haven't yet added that to the 256k Delay module.

One thing that stands out as being a little unusual is the use of the Pos to Bipolar module at the bottom-right of your patch. You're connecting async control via sync IO without conversion. Not necessarily the cause of the Min>Max error, but this can cause some buggy behavior. Why not connect directly from the fader to the Control Smooth A and set a bipolar range on the fader?

Other than this it's going to be a process of elimination. Try removing all of the fader modules in the patch and see if you're still getting the error.

Return to Support