It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:04 pm

What Hardware and Software are you using?

This is the place to chat if you need any help using BC Modular
  • Author

sharc

Site Admin

What Hardware and Software are you using?

PostWed May 08, 2013 9:16 pm

Please post here what Scope/XITE hardware and OS you are using with BC Modular

This will hopefully make it easier for everyone (including myself) to answer support questions :)

w_ellis

Re: What Hardware and Software are you using?

PostWed May 08, 2013 10:08 pm

Xite-1 (Scope 5.1)
Windows 7 64bit (although considering a switch to 32bit so I can use STS samplers)

Viva

PostWed May 08, 2013 11:21 pm

XITE-1 / 5.1 w/ x64 Windows Pro w/ 16GBs of RAM for Samples.

Also use Solaris via the digital I/O, into the AES/EBU of the XITE-1.
Use hardware FX via ADAT conversion into the XITE-1.
Studio Electronics SE-1 via the Mic Pre L of the XITE-1.
QSC K12s via the XITE-1 Analog Outs.
A Privia PX-3S as an 88 note Controller w/ 4 x Zones.

Reaper 4 as a host to Kontakt 5.0, tons of SilentWay Suite plug ins, and PianoTeq Upright/Wurlitzer.
Don't even sequence or automate, just hosting.

I have the BCF 2000, just bought the BCR 2000, and plan on using Sharc-Shells packed with I/O's for FX, and control of hardware. Solaris Joystick will also take advantage of the fabulous BCM Joystick devices and modules.

jksuperstar

PostFri May 10, 2013 12:35 am

XITE-1 / SCOPE 5.1
Lenovo W520
Windows 7 pro, x64
16GB RAM
CopperLAN for virtual midi cables and routing

MOTU Microexpress (MIDI)

Most often I use Ableton Live 9 now as sequencer/DAW.
Cool Edit/Audition provides the audio editing.

ehasting

PostSat May 11, 2013 6:42 am

2x Pulsar 2, 1x SCOPE / SCOPE 5.1
Custom Build AMD AM3 thingy.
Windows 7 pro, x32
4GB RAM

Midisport 4x4, Roland UM-1, BCR2000.

nitri

PostFri Sep 20, 2013 1:10 pm

Hello, my setup is:

Xite-1 and another computerr (Mac) with Logic Studio and RME Fireface 800 linked by Adat ports.

yayajohn

PostWed Feb 26, 2014 5:02 pm

Well i just received my new BCR2000 yesterday. I've been on the fence about getting one but I noticed they dropped the price lately (149$ USD) So i figured what the heck. (My wife asked what it was that I ordered and I told her it was a thing with a bunch of knobs and switches and she knodded her head, hehe)
I went thru the tutorials on the Wiki and everything went smoothly up until loading the example BCR2000 patch that Sharc created. The encoders worked as advertised but dang it all I just couldn't get the buttons to work properly even though i spent all morning and half of last evening double checking everything was set up properly. Finally solved it by deleting and reloading the BCM48A and the two BCM16A modules and everything is working fine. Now I am ready to move on to the next step and start some patches.

Dan

w_ellis

PostThu Feb 27, 2014 5:18 pm

Hi Dan,

Which buttons did you have a problem with? Did you download and use all of the files linked from the wiki page (i.e. instead of the ones included in the BC Modular package)? Were you using the pre-built dev?

Just want to make sure to fix any files/content if there are problems with it.

Thanks,
Will

yayajohn

PostThu Feb 27, 2014 7:30 pm

Hi Will. Yes I followed the steps precisely from the Wiki page/tutorials. It affected the push button encoders associated with the two BCM16A modules as well as the two rows of buttons below the push button encoders associated with the BCM48A. Like I said, all I did was delete and reload each module and it worked perfectly after that. For some reason I have heard of having to do that for certain anomalies like this (too bad I didn't think of doing it sooner doh!), my guess is it might have something to do with how your modules are organized. I have all of my BCM modules in a BCM folder but there are old and new BCM folders within so...who knows.

Great tutorial btw! Thanks for taking the time to do that, not sure if it was you or Sharc but a great big THANK YOU!

Dan

w_ellis

PostThu Feb 27, 2014 8:52 pm

No worries, it took me a little bit of time to get my head around the BC Manager software, so I thought I would try to save other people from having to do the same. The software is great, but there's so many settings and screens that it can be a bit indecipherable to start with. Once you work out the few things you need, it's very quick to use. I particularly like the feature of being able to change multiple settings at once, including incremental values, e.g. to set 16 controllers to use CCs 31-46 in one go.

I'll have to try out my instructions again, as I have a new Windows install since then, so I'll try to weed out any issues. Are you using Scope boards or an Xite-1? I did have some quirks using old projects and devices when I started using my Xite-1.
Next

Return to Support