It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:53 pm

CLM loader

This is the place to chat if you need any help using BC Modular
  • Author

JoPo

CLM loader

PostFri Oct 31, 2014 1:55 pm

Hello !

I'm certainly again doing something wrong but when I clik on "open patch window", I don't get any patch window appearing... :?: Where is it gone ? All other CLM module agree to open their window...

And also, I guess I'm a bit like Music Manic on Z : I often need modular stereo i/o... I don't find any stereo CLM modules or CLM with 2 audio i/o. How can I open a stereo patch within CLM loader ?

Thanks !

JoPo

Re: CLM loader

PostFri Oct 31, 2014 5:29 pm

I had some interesting info (I never thought about using sync i/o for audio, even if I read it on BC wiki) on Z :
http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=33271
:P

sharc

Site Admin

PostSun Nov 02, 2014 8:05 pm

Hi JoPo,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this. I've been very busy.

JoPo wrote:I'm certainly again doing something wrong but when I clik on "open patch window", I don't get any patch window appearing... :?: Where is it gone ? All other CLM module agree to open their window...

This is caused by a bug introduced v0.975b where the data connection has been mirrored inside the shell via the Control Panel module. Unfortunately, the data pad on the outside of the module (routing window) isn't working in the v0.975b shells.

There are two solutions here:

a) use the shells from the previous version (v0.971b) with the CLM loader module.

or...

b) If you'd like to use the latest v0.975b shells you can set up the control panel connection to open the shell like this...

External Panel Control.zip
(279.92 KiB) Downloaded 383 times

Here we're accessing the open/close modular shell window functionality of the CP<->Host connection. You'll need to save a new version of your 0.975b shells with the pipe connections as shown for this to work ;)

sharc

Site Admin

PostSun Nov 02, 2014 8:11 pm

JoPo wrote:I had some interesting info (I never thought about using sync i/o for audio, even if I read it on BC wiki) on Z :
http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=33271
:P

The filter design thread here - http://www.bcmodular.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=147 shows some examples of this.

The sync connections on the BC shells and CLMs are really versatile this way. You can even rename those sockets on the CLMs.

jhulk

PostMon Nov 03, 2014 10:01 am

i use the clm shells like that all the time you just label them to what you want

the clm are very versatile and some of them have much more sync connections

if doing stereo you need to set them on just one dsp this keeps everything in phase

JoPo

PostMon Nov 10, 2014 9:58 pm

:oops: Sorry ! It's me who is a bit late ! :oops:

Thanks for your help, guys, it's perfect !

francisharmany

PostWed Feb 10, 2016 2:39 pm

I ran into the same problem. Even created a post here and then deleted it after I saw this post.

Now I find its a very useful feature! I can hide the clm-loader4 modules somewhere else in the patch and still have easy access :mrgreen:

Return to Support